Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A sort of a soggy 4th


It started out just kind of grey and overcast, like it looks here. By 9:00 it was alternating between drizzling and dripping. It didn't seem to dampen the fireworks -- a surprising amount of which we were able to see from here. The main stuff was elsewhere but having been there and done that I was happy to sit on my petite veranda with a couple of buddies and eat and drink and carry on just fine by ourselves. Now I'm seeing a little bit of lightning. Fireworks of a different kind. All in all a very pleasant, low-key and fairly well soused 4th. The damn sniffle is still bugging me though.

4 comments:

wa11z said...

In that case, drink with a damn.

fermicat said...

This is your new balcony? I like it! And am envious of your rain and drizzle. We finally had a cloudy day on Tuesday - first time in a long time. It was a nice change of pace. I feel like I'm in that Steve Martin movie LA Story, except instead of every day being sunny and 72, it is sunny and 92.

TheWriteGirl said...

I know, you guys are having a real problem with lack of rain. I just saw an article in the paper yesterday about how the drought is destroying lots of crops in states down south. It's weird, when you need the rain, it always feels wrong to have sunny skies. Come on, you scientist, you -- invent a rainmaking machine! Put lasers and atomic thingies in it and shoot it into the sky. Rain will pour down, and then we can all drink with a damn!

BC said...

I'll send you all the rain you want. :D