Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Feel like a cold is catching me

It always made more sense to me to say it that way. I try and run like hell from the cold that's trying to catch me. Many times I'm successful. I don't know about this time yet. I'll know better tomorrow. It's been a year since I had a cold. I wouldn't mind so much but ever since I had pneumonia, and then bronchitis about 8 years later, whenever I get a cold it ends up settling in my chest and I cough and hack and wheeze for about 2 weeks, long after the rest of the cold is gone. It sounds terrible, like I'm dying or something. And it's really uncomfortable. I guess my lungs are now predisposed to hang onto these things. Especially the right one, which is the one that had the pneumonia the worst I think.

On the flip side, I have a pretty strong immune system so I don't get sick very often. And I have this trick that works for me -- if I feel like I might be getting sick, I take 2 aspirin every 4 hours for about 3 days and whatever I was going to get goes away. It doesn't always work, but at least 75% of the time, which is pretty good. So I'm going to go take 2 of them before I go to bed and we'll see what happens tomorrow. You might want to try this. I can't guarantee it will work for you, but give it a try.

3 comments:

wa11z said...

When I feel like I'm getting a cold I drink with a damn. That usually works for me.

TheWriteGirl said...

I tried that today. It seems to have had pretty good results.

BC said...

Laetly, its not the cold that catches me but allergies from that nasty tree next door. Seems that it ends up draining into my lungs. I talked to the lady and she couldnt seem to understand that what she has is a sumac tree. She then had the nerve to bitch to me and other neighbors how our front yards and gardens look horrible with all those little "palm looking things" sprouting up. Yes she does have a really beautiful yard full of flowers and such. So when we all told her that those "palm looking things" were seedlings from her nasty smelling tree, she got annoyed with us. Sheesh....

Im thinking to feed her tree though. I think some battery acid will do it some good. :D