Friday, July 06, 2007

Had a small catastrophe

Fortunately, no cats were involved in it. It most concerned the snakeplant you can see in the photo below, next to the railing. Well, it had been sitting in front of the outside of the air conditioner in the living room. The A/C got turned on and ran for many hours before I stepped outside and realized that the poor plant was getting absolutely fried! I pushed it away from the heat blast but the damage had already been done. About half of its stalks had already collapsed from the heat and some of the others were burned. The way you see it now is after I performed emergency amputations and cut off all the mutilated stalks. It was a pretty big, healthy plant. Now, it's a shadow of its former self. I apologize to it every day and water it more than it actually needs, which isn't really a good idea. But I feel so bad! I'm sure it will recover eventually. This is another one of those plants that's virtually impossible to kill. But I came pretty close! At least I know now not to put any plants in front of the outside A/C vents.

4 comments:

wa11z said...

You diseased maniac. Is that how a sick, twisted mind like yours gets its kicks? By ending the lives of millions of innocent plants?

BC said...

Repot it with some new ones around with it.

fermicat said...

I think it will recover. At least you got to it before it was completely gone. I thought you were going to say that you dropped it off the balcony. That would have been harder to recover from.

BC said...

And the person below that it fell on.