Sunday, July 29, 2007

Progress report


So here's what's happening with the amazing blooming snakeplant flower. This plant has a wicked survival instinct. No wimping out here. This baby responded to 3rd degree burns by mobilizing all its troops. It seems to have done an internal triage too. It immediately cut the nutrient flow to the leaves that were too damaged, strengthened the ones that could survive and started pushing up new ones. And then there are these wacky little flowers. I doubt I will ever see this again -- not unless I torture another snakeplant. And regardless of what some may think, I'm not a florasadist.

2 comments:

BC said...

That looks really cool though. All your effort in destroying a plant created a new one. ;o) The ones that were shot on my table are thriving again on my front porch.

fermicat said...

"not a florasadist"... that cracks me up!

Nice flower stalk. Who would have thought?