Saturday, January 27, 2007

A weird little thing

I picked my car up from the body shop today. The door panel looks good as new...oh wait! It is new! They replaced it. And the door opens from the outside again. No more leaning over from the back seat. Only there's this one weird little thing. I kind of smells like skunk inside the car. Not a lot, not enough to be really bothersome, just a little. But why? How? I don't get it. I hope it goes away. When I took it in, it still even had the tiniest bit of new car smell left in it. After a year and half, that's pretty good! So where did this skunky aroma come from? I'm at a loss.

9 comments:

wa11z said...

That smell is from the creepy mechanic that sweated profusely inside of your car when he repaired it.

BC said...

I was about to say the same thing. If the smell is in the car directly, put one of those new baking soda things somewhere in it. If its in the door only then I would get one of those spray car scents and try to get some into any crack you can.

TheWriteGirl said...

I suspected as much. I'll try the baking soda for starters. But under no circumstances do I hang one of those icky trees on my rear view mirror!

wa11z said...

I hung a Darth Vader from my mirror to freshen my car. Smelled like cinnamon.

BC said...

The carwash that I go to have scents you spray on the carpets. I love those. I hate those little tree things. And they smell aweful. I also use incense cones just sitting in the ashtray. I dont burn them though.

wa11z said...

Whatever you use just make sure it isn't "orientated" too close to your nose.

fermicat said...

You could try something like Febreeze. I've never tried it in a car, but it used to work great at getting the dog smell out of my carpets.

TheWriteGirl said...

The smell seems to be fading a little. Now it just smells like mechanic instead of skunk. I think I'll see if it goes away on its own.

BC said...

Im not sure which is worse. LOLOL