Thursday, January 04, 2007

Sometimes the good guys actually win

Well, who'd a thought? The abysmally bad situation at work has taken a 360! The stupid, ineffectual president of the board of trustees resigned and the nasty, petty, incompetent executive director was fired. I'm very nearly speechless. This is very, very, very good news for me and my colleagues in my department. It means that the people who were trying to discredit us and force us out are gone. Of course it also means that now we have no one to blame but ourselves if we fail to accomplish what we want to. But that's a good thing. I'm all for accountability.

But yipee! No more having to try and raise money for stupid programs that nobody wants. No more being stymied and undercut. Now we get to set the agenda. Or at the very least, our ideas will be listened to.

This year is starting out very interestingly.

3 comments:

fermicat said...

Happy to hear it!! Hope it works out to everyone's satisfaction.

wa11z said...

Congrats! Why don't you be the Prez of the Board of Trustees?

TheWriteGirl said...

Well, for starters, I don't have a gazillion bucks, which is one of the main qualifications for that job. So I'd say that knocks me out of the box right there. Not to mention that I don't wanna.