Monday, January 15, 2007

More fungus


Inspired by fermicat's fungus picture, I searched out a shot I had taken about a year and a half ago at a cool little nature reserve not far from my house. This place is a great place to lose yourself, figuratively anyway. It's not really big enough to get seriously lost. But it has enough places where you can feel completely removed from everything. I grew up near an enormous wildlife sanctuary. Probably hundreds of acres. There were lots of hiking trails; one went up a (small) mountain to a fire ranger's watch tower. I loved the feeling of being completely surrounded by trees. Interesting though, because one of my favorite things is being able to see a long way. I love huge views. I loved the view from the fire ranger's tower. But back to the trees for a minute. I love the sensation of complete quietness. No other voices. Just tree noises and maybe birds. Nothing like it.

So why do I live and work in a huge city? What can I say, I'm very complex.

3 comments:

fermicat said...

Bravo! Love the color and textures of that photo.

wa11z said...

It's cool that you like to see things far away. Like your front door handle from the back seat! *rim shot* Seriously, you should take more pictures.

TheWriteGirl said...

wa11zie, you smartass. Thanks about the picture, though.