Sunday, January 14, 2007

Stupid Way To Start The Day

Some jerk in a Ford Bronco sideswiped me this morning. I was sitting at a red light, in the far right lane of a four-lane limited access sort-of-highway. The light had just turned green and I don't think I had even started moving when the aforementioned jerk comes up on my left and plows into my door. His excuse was that the woman in the car next to me wasn't going fast enough, so he swerved to go around her. Never mind that I was there. He was angry at her! Brilliant, huh? He also hit her but I think I got the worst of it.

So we all pulled over and traded information and called the police. They were very nice (and pretty cute, too) and told meI was in the clear as far as fault, which I already knew. I had a nasty dent and scrape on the driver's side door, which is ugly but is only cosmetic. Then I discovered that I couldn't open my door from the outside. The cops tried it and they had the same problem. So now, until I get it fixed, I have to get in the back and reach up to open the door from the inside. Put me in a rather cranky mood. And it also made me an hour late for my Italian class.

3 comments:

wa11z said...

At least he didn't drive away. Although I have to say that imagining you unlocking the back door and reaching over to open the front every morning to get to work has me in stitches.

TheWriteGirl said...

Yeah, yuk it up there. Glad to have provided some entertainment.

wa11z said...

Feel free to provide anymore comedic anecdotes regarding your backseat/front door opening shenanigans. Yuk.