Sunday, March 25, 2007

Saving My Sanity

I've been an absolute basket case for the last week, ever since I signed the lease on my new apartment. I've been in a flat-out panic trying to figure out how I was going to be able to pack and move in four weeks while all hell was breaking loose at work and I had not a minute of extra time.

Thanks to my landlady, I have come to a realization. There is in fact not enough time to get it all done. But just because the apartment is mine as of April 2nd, doesn't mean I have to move in before the end of April. So I'm going to push it back to sometime in May. Yes I know it means still paying for my current place for another month but you know what, it's a small price to pay to keep my sanity. As soon as I realized that, suddenly the knot in my chest went away. I felt okay about the whole thing. I now have time to sort through my stuff, decide what to keep and what to get rid of, just basically figure it all out.

I know it seems like a pretty obvious thing, but it took me a while to get there. Sometimes the most obvious things are the ones you totally miss.

4 comments:

fermicat said...

Overlapping sounds very reasonable. That is what we did when we bought a house. We took about two weeks to move everything, and had time to spare for cleaning up the crummy old apartment.

TheWriteGirl said...

Yeah, I'm very glad I came to that decision. Now I'll have time to really figure out where the furniture goes and if I want to paint, I can do it while the apartment is empty. But most of all, I won't be going crazy.

wa11z said...

You're already crazy. This just proves it. Haha.

ctheokas said...

Wait, does this mean you're not going to be a Jersey Girl much longer? And if you're in the New York Metro area, I can help you move if you like.