Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Big decision, other big problem solved

I've been talking about this for months now and I figured either I'd better shut up about it or I'd better do something about it. So I've opted for the latter. I'm about to begin apartment hunting. I'm moving back into the city. Enough of this lurking in the burbs at the city's edge. I no longer have a reason to be here. Most all my friends live in the city. Those that don't have cars and have no problem with driving in. I work in the city and my commute is now an hour and 20 minutes each way. I have a real problem if I want to do something after work because the buses run less and less frequently the later it gets. So tomorrow I'm meeting a real estate agent on my lunch hour to look at a few places. I don't have a lease now and I don't have to get out of my place at any particular time so I can look until I find something I really like. Of course I'm going to have to pay more but I'll save on utilities because most apartments in New York include gas, heat and water. So I'll only have to pay for electricity. Some even include AC, but not too many. This month, my utility bill was $350. But those savings will be offset by having to pay for a garage. I am NOT parking my car on the street. So I'm pretty excited about this. What I'm definitely not excited about is packing. I'm trying to not think about that part.

The other big problem solved was a structural problem with my play. Two nights ago I figured out how to fix it. I'm thrilled! Now I can go ahead and write the scenes. For me, the hard part isn't the writing, it's the construction of the story. Now that I' know how it works, it shouldn't be too hard. Yahoo. This calls for more Peeps.

4 comments:

fermicat said...

I hope you find someplace fabulous!

wa11z said...

Congrats on the play. Maybe the new place you find will inspire you to write another. :)

TheWriteGirl said...

Thanks for the support, guys. When I find a place I'll throw a big housewarming party and you're all invited!

BC said...

I live in a city and I hate it. LOLOL I hate having to park on the street in the winter because the snow slides off my roof and will damage my car. But the past couple of years werent so bad with the weather. If I park on the street I take the risk of some jerk hitting my car.

I went apartment hunting in the area but couldnt afford them. I have a 3 bedroom flat that includes heat and hot water. All I pay is the electric and the gas. Its cheap rent and I have a good sized back yard and my landlord allows dogs. Im better off staying here for a while longer.