Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Gone and done it

Yes, I have. I put a deposit down and filled out a rental application. What a ridiculous exercise that was! I told my cute little real estate guy that when they run my credit rating, they're gonna want to pay me to move in! He said, they'll probably ask for an extra month's security or a co-signer because my salary isn't high enough. I asked him if he realized how utterly laughable that was, not to mention insulting. I didn't take it personally of course, but I'm not going to get a co-signer. I don't need no steenking co-signer. I'll show 'em my tax returns from last year. I might even consider an extra month's security but seriously guys, forget the co-signer. If they don't want me, the hell with 'em.

2 comments:

fermicat said...

Hope it all works out swimmingly.

BC said...

Ive always hated apartment hunting. There was one place that went so far as to want to set it up with my boss to take my first weeks pay check as rent directly to them. Imagine that.