Monday, August 04, 2008

Kissing my baby goodbye

No, I don't mean the kid. I mean THE PLAY! I have finally started sending it out - submitting it to theatres for production. I'm not nervous and I wasn't afraid to let it go. It's just that everything takes so freaking long to get done! Everybody wants different information. Some want the whole thing, some only want ten pages. Some want a 2 paragraph synopsis, some want a 2 page synopsis. Some want a cover letter. You get the idea. Surprisingly, writing the synopsis was really difficult. But it's done. Huge sense of relief and medium-sized sense of accomplishment. Now I just have to wait. Tony Awards, here I come!

5 comments:

wa11z said...

Hmmm...I wonder what the Scapecast has to say about this? They can't be happy. :D

And congrats on your accomplishment! Are you gonna be on teh interwebs more now?

TheWriteGirl said...

Yes, I've been kind of MIA recently. Not really sure why, but it may be connected to the fact that I've been drinking more lately. Not to worry -- there's no Lost Weekend in my future. But what's happened is that the situation at work has been driving me and my department mates so crazy that we have been regularly going for drinks after work. Again, nobody has to get poured into a cab. I'm talking about a glass or two of wine or mojitos (there's a place a block from work that makes THE BEST MOJITOS!). We sit, we sip and we vent. After that, I come home and veg. It's probably more the pressure at work than the alcohol that's been sapping my cognitive mojo (not to be confused with mojito). Anyway, I promise to be less mentally lazy and more here.

As far as what anyone else thinks, well, fuck'em. There's only so long you can spend retilling the same ol' patch of dirt looking for something new to grow. Know what I mean?

wa11z said...

Yeah, I know exactly what you fuckin' mean. And does anyone in NY make a mojohito? 'Cause that might be totally kickass! I think I need to get poured into a cab, just to know what it feels like...

ctheokas said...

Good luck with this! Or break a leg. I forget which one is the right one. I'll be doing this with my short in late September.

BC said...

Fingers crossed!!!!!