Monday, May 26, 2008

Who feels like it's summer?

Okay, let's see a show of hands -- who now feels it's officially summer? Who barbecued and sunbathed and celebrated this official unofficial start of the season? If I interpreted the weather map correctly (and I'd like to think I did), it looks like pretty much everybody had a GORGEOUS weekend. And don't we deserve it? Yes, we do. We in the Northeast/Middle Atlantic states, and probably others, have suffered through what I think I'm confident in calling a MISERABLE, SUCKY SPRING. But this weekend, my friends, was a gem. I don't know about you, but I'm feeling pretty good right now. And that has nothing to do with anything I may or may not have consumed. It has to do with sunshine and beautiful clear skies. It has to do with the intoxicating aroma of the masses of lilacs (late) and roses (early) I encountered in my stroll through the Botanic Gardens yesterday. It has to do with how much I sweated while I was running in the park today. Yeah, it would have been fun to go to the beach, but I think everybody else was there. So I was happy to stay put and plant my flower boxes.

MOVIE REVIEW
I saw a really great movie this weekend - Son of Rambow. Really cute, really funny. It's about two British boys, about 10 or 12, who decide to shoot their own action movie using one boy's video camera. It was written and directed by the guy who did Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. After you've maxed out on Indy and Ironman and Speed Racer, Son of Rambow is the perfect antidote.

11 comments:

wa11z said...

Sounds like a renter to me...

And the weather was too hot here in ATL!!

TheWriteGirl said...

Sorry about that. But I had a great time and that's all that matters in the universe anyway.

fermicat said...

I like it HOT! Although it was definitely a bit sticky for doing yard work here in the ATL... but fine for sitting on the porch with the fan on while consuming refreshing alcoholic beverages. That part of the weekend didn't suck.

Glad to hear that you had a good weekend and got some stuff done.

TheWriteGirl said...

fermi, I am envisioning you relaxing on your beautiful new porch, enjoying those refreshing beverages. I can even hear the fan. Sounds like heaven!

BC said...

It was beautiful here. I went to the camp on sat for a bbq and then sunday night it was off to the drivein. Got to see two awesome movies. Monday I did nothing. :D

TheWriteGirl said...

A drive-in? How cool, bc! I haven't been to a drive-in since I was a kid. I miss them.

BC said...

I was missing that too and for $8 how can you go wrong. :D

wa11z said...

I'd take you to a drive-in, Jules. The Starlight Theater. You'd dig it.

TheWriteGirl said...

Cool! When can we go? Can we get popcorn?

Beth said...

The weather here is seriously whack. Hot one day, rainy the next, but at least no more snow or ice. Whoopee!

My roses are really coming in nicely. Can't wait to get my first bud.

TheWriteGirl said...

Ooh! Roses! The early ones are already out down here. I love it!