Sunday, May 11, 2008

It only took me a year

I am coming up on my one-year anniversary of being in my apartment. Times flies, don't it? So I thought to mark the occasion, I would have a party. I didn't get around to having a housewarming last year, so I'm doing it now. I invited just about everyone I know in New York. I figure, maybe half of them will show up.

This whole party thing got me started on a closet cleaning and organizing binge. I had forgotten that when I moved in, I just shoved some cartons in the spare closet with the thought of getting to them "soon." Well, "soon" came and went a long time ago and I kind of forgot about them. So today I burrowed in there and yanked one of them out. It was full of books! I had actually been looking for a couple of them and couldn't figure out where they went. Duh. I'm really happy to have them back, even thought technically they were never missing. Now I'm wondering what's in the other three cartons. They're going to be a pain to get out because they in a corner behind a dresser which I shoved into the closet. There's gotta be some other good stuff that I have totally forgotten about. So I'm looking forward to cleaning out the rest of the stuff. Probably not before the party though.

7 comments:

BC said...

Isnt that the way it is? I havent unpacked stuff from moving 15 years ago. I packed it all up and I have moved at least 4 times since then. hmmmmmm..... maybe a trip to the attic is in order.

Great time for a party. Hope it all goes well. :D

Beth said...

I think it's a great idea to have a housewarming one year later when the home really is warm and inviting. Or wait, was it originally to come in and warm the house with presents and stuff? I don't care. It's always a good time to celebrate. Hope it's terrific for you!

TheWriteGirl said...

Thanks guys! Now all I have to do clear away all the stuff I dragged out of the closet so the guests don't trip on it. :)

wa11z said...

Party!!!

TheWriteGirl said...

Yeah. Come on down! I mean up! Be there or be square.

Beth said...

How did things turn out?

fermicat said...

How was the party? It is never too late to have people over -- and any excuse will do!