Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Yikes! I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by fermicat. Not wanting to break this venerable tradition, here are my 8 random things about myself:

1. I have two sons. They are 19 and 23 years old. The younger one just finished his sophomore year at North Carolina School of the Arts and the older one (as a couple of you may know) lives in Shanghai.

2. I am a lay dummy science geek. I love reading about science, especially astronomy, cosmology, subatomic physics and all that crazy higher dimension math stuff. How much of it do I actually understand? Not sure. Probably not very much. But I love how it stretches my brain. So much of it is theoretical anyway.

3. I'm a playwright. Yes, I'm one of those artists who toils away at a day job that's sucking the creative soul out of her. But one of these days....

4. I am also divorced. But unlike fermicat, I haven't met a suitable replacement yet.

5. I am a huge blues fan. Don't know why, but it really speaks to me.

6. I've come to the conclusion that there is pretty much no food that can't be improved by adding either Tabasco or creme fraiche. Or both.

7. I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder last year,

8. I was born at the end of October and I have always considered my birthday as the unofficial start of the holiday season.

5 comments:

fermicat said...

Good ones! I completely agree on the tabasco thing. I also love blues.

wa11z said...

I enjoy reading about theoretical physics. I think the guys name is Michio Kaku.

TheWriteGirl said...

Kaku, yeah he wrote that book hyperspace. I still haven't finished it. But it's really fun reading.

fermicat said...

Brian Greene's books on string theory are highly readable. And I loved his PBS special - fun, creative special effects.

TheWriteGirl said...

I like Brian Greene too. My son told me I should marry him.