Thursday, May 10, 2007

Damn, I'm good!

Okay, I still hate my job, but a cool thing happened that I feel very proud of -- which was primarily my doing. So I'm going to brag just a teensy bit.

I just found out today that the museum was awarded a federal grant, from the Institute for Museum and Library Services. I WROTE THAT PROPOSAL. ME. I DID IT. And it was my first federal government grant. And we got it. The whole amount. That's because i did a kickass job at it. See...when I get to do what I'm good at, good things happen. Sadly, much or most of my time is taken up doing things I'm not that good at and frankly hate. But today, I'm feeling good about it all.

If I cared about the place, it might be even better.

3 comments:

fermicat said...

Congrats! You might not care about the place, but this still looks great on your resume.

TheWriteGirl said...

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking! :)

BC said...

That kicks ass. Make sure that it is documented somewhere that YOU officially did it so that YOU can claim it as your own. ;o)

Awesome job!!!

Now I need to do something productive for the summer. As of the end of June, Im unemployeed again.