Wednesday, May 02, 2007


Yup, that's me, spacing out again. Hey, I'm entitled! While I'll admit I'm not quite as deranged as I was a week or two ago, I'm still in that grey zone. Three weeks and counting till moving day and I'm sure I'm not as far along as I should be. But at the same time, I'm feeling dislocated and temporary because furniture has disappeared and cartons are starting to stack up in visible places. I swore three years ago that I wouldn't go through this again so soon. This is my fourth move since I got divorced -- okay, that was...(how long?) 12 years ago. But even so, to me that's a lot of moves. The thought of doing it again fills me with dread. But at least I'll have way less stuff to deal with.

5 comments:

fermicat said...

The 'Astronomy Picture of the Day' today was cool. It showed an artist's rendering of what that earth-like planet that was recently discovered could look like.

TheWriteGirl said...

Wow, thanks! I don't check it every day, so sometimes I miss some good ones. That's really cool. I really love that site. Sometimes I just love to go through the archived shots. I lose myself in there.

News about that planet got my mind going, too. Imagining another world is always fun. Recently I've been spending a lot of time floating in space (in my mind of course). Not going anywhere in particular, just being out there.

Beth said...

I came over from Fermicat's blog because I love her so thought she would pick interesting/intelligent bloggers.

I've moved a lot and every time, whether I had money or was dirt poor ... it just always sucked. So, I feel for you and am sending happy moving vibes your way.

TheWriteGirl said...

Hi Beth --

Thanks for your support. Yeah, it sucks big time. My consolation is, in 19 days it will be over. It will either be moderately painful or it will be extremely painful, but it will be over. And then I can recover.

I hopped over to take a look at your blog and I'm very impressed. It's quite beautiful. I don't think I have the mental stamina to do something like that. I'm happy just to get some of my thoughts down.

As far as having two teenagers in the house -- been there, done that. And I lived to tell the tale. They are now 23 and 19 and they are splendid young men. Yes, it can happen.

BC said...

That is a cool picture. Both of them. Id like to see more info on that planet.