Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What we put our pets through


Could it be? Yes, it's...the...Easter Kitty! This seasonal bit of catblogging was borrowed from a best-of-craigslist posting, offering a carton of used cat hats for free. Here's the link: http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sdo/566171148.html. It's definitely worth a look.

I once tried to put a set of reindeer antlers on my old cat Duke. He let me know in no uncertain terms that he was not interested in decorative headwear, and that was the end of the matter. While these pix are cute, to me there's this look of quiet desperation in the cat's eyes that seems to say, "I can't take this humiliation much longer." I can understand an occasional effort to adorn one's cat for laughs -- I mean they do invite ridicule from time to time. But 14 adorable hats??? When people start treating their pets like babies, it really gives me the creeps.

6 comments:

fermicat said...

I can't tell from that cat's expression what it thinks about the costume. Mine would never tolerate it, that is for sure. The only reason they let me put a collar on them is because they know it means they get to go outside...

TheWriteGirl said...

Did you look at the other pictures on the link? Poor Snowman looks like he's barely holding it together. At least that's my read.

wa11z said...

Good God, I wonder what Snowman was buried in...

TheWriteGirl said...

I shudder at the thought.

Beth said...

Okay, I LOVE the picture, but I agree ... pets are not children.

BC said...

My cat would probably let me do that to her. But of course I wouldnt. Now the dog maybe. :P