Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Anything to keep from working

Tough week. But before I get to that, I have to stop and wonder how many blogs devolve into whiny little litanies of miserable complaints...kind of like this one. This one is about pain. The physical kind. Specifically pertaining to the lower back. Sciatic nerve. Any of this sound familiar? Don't worry, it will. This is a misfortune that struck me when #2 son was a mere babe. (Never mind how old he is now.) But anyhoo, it hadn't bothered me from then until last week, at which point it came out of nowhere to turn life into a misery of pain. I did all the good things to make it go away, and it almost had, but then it came back. Ow is the understatement of the century. So today, I ditched work (hell yeah!) and went and got a 90-minute massage therapy treatment. Except for the time when Leo (the massage therapist) was making me almost cry in agony, it was wonderful. And of course the agony was for a good cause. Now, 5 hours and three glasses of pinot grigio later, I'm feeling considerably better. And in another day or two, I'll be way WAY better.

I also took advantage of the day off to go see a recruiter. No, not a military recruiter, but what we in the creative trades like to call a head hunter. Someone who can find me a new job. About 99% of the tension that caused this back spasm is due to my stoopid job which I hate. So that's another good thing. PLUS, I have a HOT DATE on Friday. Life is looking pretty sweet right now. Or potentially sweet anyway.

6 comments:

BC said...

OUCH!!! I know that pain well. When Cami was born, it happened to me then. Ruined a good time bowling.

BC said...

A hot date huh? ;o)

Details. LOLOL

TheWriteGirl said...

Dtails to come after Friday.;)

fermicat said...

Hot date? Cool.

But sorry about the employment and sciatica situations.

TheWriteGirl said...

It was really stiff and painful this morning but now at the end of the day, it's feeling magnitudes better. Way to go, Leo!

wa11z said...

Things are looking up for Writegirl. I'm sure they will be the stuff of many blogs to come.