Monday, October 15, 2007

Make me laugh, please!

Is it just me or is nothing very funny any more? Or maybe not nothing, but not much. I find that very few things make me really laugh any more. I know, I know...the world is going to hell. Yes. But the world is always going to hell somewhere. And usually when the world is going to hell, great humor and comedy abounds. I don't get it.

The Onion can sometimes do it and the current issue has two real winners. There's the lead story, "Conceptual Terrorists Encase Sears Tower in Jell-O" and "Reaganomics Finally Trickles Down to Area Man." According to the terrorists (and you have to see the image from their "video"), true terror lies in the futility of human existence. Gotta love it.

But I would just love to come across something that made me laugh until my sides hurt. That hasn't happened since, well, I don't know when. Then again, maybe it's me. Maybe I'm just not funny any more. I don't know what the answer is.

8 comments:

fermicat said...

I laugh a lot, but the best kind - the uncontrollable, laugh until it hurts and you nearly wet your pants - doesn't happen nearly often enough.

TheWriteGirl said...

That's the kind I miss. It absolutely doesn't happen enough.

BC said...

I try to laugh every day. I try my best not to take things seriously. Life sucks if you cant live it. I always believed in "dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things".

I will be doing some blogs tomorrow about the last couple of weeks. I did one that is almost a month late. Its just been a whirl here lately. Hope I can at least get you to laugh a little.

Hugs

wa11z said...

Nothing like a good episode of South Park or Family Guy. Those always work for me.

ctheokas said...

Superbad! Hot Fuzz! Knocked Up! All glorious movies that will make you laugh.

TheWriteGirl said...

If all else fails, I can always count on The Big Lebowski.

ctheokas said...

The Dude abides.

TheWriteGirl said...

Yes, it's good to know he's out there, keepin' it cool for the rest of us.