Monday, October 08, 2007

What season is this anyway?

It feels weird and wrong that it's dark so early when it still feels like summer outside. It's producing a strange sense of disconnection in me. I'm not quite hooked into the season. I felt the need to go buy some clothes to wear to work since my summer stuff isn't appropriate any more. But it was nearly impossible to get into the correct frame of mind. Everything looked drab and unappealing. I did buy a couple of things, mostly because I felt like I should. And of course when you do that, it always ends up wrong. I got them home, looked at them again and cringed. Now I have to make another trip downtown to the store and return them. I should have listened to that little inner voice that said DON'T DO IT!.

6 comments:

fermicat said...

Season be damned, I just don't know where to get work clothes anymore since Casual Corner/Petite Sophisticate went belly up. Now all I have are ill-fitting pants and mismatched separates.

It is strange how dark it is, not just when I am trying to wake up, but when I drive into work, too.

wa11z said...

This is the best time of year! Who cares what you wear?

fermicat said...

I've now seen Christmas displays in Kroger and Home Depot. ARGH!!!

TheWriteGirl said...

I loved that store! I'm depressed they went under. It's hard to find a place that has more than a few pieces of petite sizes. And I absolutely hate shortening pants.

I have no problems with fall. October is generally a very nice month here. Cool to mild-ish temps and clear skies. fermicat, you remember the beautiful Massachusetts falls with the gorgeous trees. The fall is a great season in the Northeast. Well, the weather changed yesterday at lunchtime. I think the coolness is finally here.

But back to this clothes situation (wa11z, you don't have to read this), Lord & Taylor has a great petite department. I don't know if they have any branches in the Atlanta area - if they do, check it out. I usually do pretty well there.

And Christmas...well, I'm not even going there.

fermicat said...

We're getting a "cold front" tonight, but that means it will be in the 70s tomorrow rather than the 80s. It won't be cool for another month or so.

BC said...

I took a trek up into the mountains in Catskill recently and the leaves are all changing beautifully. But it is still oddly warm.

Today I went on a mountain hike and had to remove my jacket because it was really warm.

I really dont fight about what to wear to work. I can wear jeans. :D