Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My Post-Election Pronouncement

Yessirreee, I'm feelin' pretty good about this election. When's the last time I've been able to say that? Not for quite some time, I can tell you! And on top of that, Rumsfeld's departure. It's good to be on the winning side once in a while. But it's not just the winning of course. It's that it offers the possibility of undoing some of the damage that's been done to the country and many other parts of the world in the past six years.

I'm not going to get into details or policy or anything like that. I just wanted to say that for the first time in a long time, I feel not quite so in peril. That's a very good thing.

3 comments:

fermicat said...

I also feel more optimistic, for the first time since the 2004 presidential election. And that is in spite of the fact that the GOP gained ground in my own state. In 2004, I spent days after the election feeling like I'd been sucker punched and wondering what the hell happened and when I was going to wake up and discover that it was all a horrible nightmare. Now I feel like some sanity may finally be returning to the government. Checks and balances, hooray!

wa11z said...

I'm so stupid when it comes to politics. I have nothing to add. :)

TheWriteGirl said...

I felt the way you did after the 2004 election. I was so depressed the next day, I went out at lunchtime and bought a really expensive handbag without even looking at the price tag, hoping it would make me feel better. Didn't work. I didn't even like the bag that much.