Sunday, December 17, 2006

Pre-holiday bug

I have been laid low all weekend by a nasty virus. Friday night was spent clutching my toilet bowl. Saturday I shuffled painfully from bedroom to kitchen to living room sofa and back to bedroom again. By mid-Saturday at least I could eat again. That is to say, it was staying put. But absolutely nothing was appetizing, except raspberry sorbet. Cool, sweet and thirst quenching, the perfect apres-sick food. Also works for a hangover, by the way. Flavor is optional. Today is marginally better but I'm still exhausted. This is the longest 24-hour bug I've ever had. Don't know if I'll go to work tomorrow. The christmas party is tomorrow evening though. I don't really care that much, so it won't be a tragedy if I miss it. Guess I'll see how I feel in the morning. Wonder how many sick days I have left.

4 comments:

fermicat said...

Feel better soon!

ctheokas said...

What Fermicat said.

Just got over something myself, but nothing this bad. Of course, mine lasted for a week and a half.

wa11z said...

I suggest beer. Works for me. Let me know if it helps!!

TheWriteGirl said...

Sorry, I'm not a beer drinker. I have tried on numerous occasions to develop a taste for it and never could. I can't say that I feel the lack -- there are plenty of other more than suitable beverages.