Thursday, August 03, 2006

Starting small...I mean really petty

Tough day in the New York City subways. And wouldn't you know it, I got the car on the downtown A train with the faulty air conditioning. Normally these days that's not a problem, I'm glad to say. Even if I'm shoulder to shoulder (to shoulder) with my fellow commuters, there's usually enough coolth to go around.

But here's what's really pissing me off -- since when did it get to be okay to bring baby strollers on the trains...at rush hour! First of all I don't understand where they're taking these babies. Clearly the (usually) women pushing the strollers don't appear to be on their way to work. So why can't they just wait an hour or so and make it a little easier for us working folks to get where we're going! How freakin' important could it be?

Thing is, they never used to let you do that. You'd have to take the baby out and fold up the stroller and carry the baby and the strolleronto the train. Takes up less room. More considerate to one's fellow passengers. But no longer.

Clearly not very important in the cosmic scheme of things. But then very little actually is. For me, today, this was worth a tiny little rant.

1 comment:

fermicat said...

I like your idea. I also wish that retired people would not go to lunch during the business lunch rush hour. They can go anytime they want, so why must they go and crowd up the place when working people are trying to get a quick lunch? They have all dang day, but the rest of us have to get back to work in less than an hour!